Wicked Antler Kennels
Home of Akitas
Purchase Agreement/Health Guarantee
Thank you for deciding to purchase one of our puppies. We want to make this a stress free enjoyable experience for you. Please feel free to email or call me with any questions or concerns that you might have along the way. We will keep you up to date with information about your puppy as it grows until it is time for your puppy to go to its new home.
This contract is written for the protection of both the breeder and the buyer - However, it is primarily written to protect the health and general well being of the puppy.
1. Please read the health guarantee completely before putting a deposit on a puppy. By putting a deposit on a puppy, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions within this contract.
2. We require a $300 dollar deposit in order to hold the puppy of your choice. The deposit can only be in the form of cash.
3. This deposit is non-refundable, unless there is a problem with the health of your puppy. In that case, the buyer will have their choice of a full refund or of transferring that deposit toward another puppy.
**Please be certain that you are ready for the time commitment and financial Responsibility of a puppy prior to putting a deposit on one. **
1. It will be up to us, the breeders, to decide when the puppy will be ready to go to its new home. Usually at the age of 6-8 weeks, depending on the breed, weight of the puppy and how easily it is weaned from the mother. We will not, under any circumstances, let the puppy leave before it is ready. There is an additional $10 a day charge for puppies kept longer than 8 weeks of age.
2. The puppy is guaranteed to be in good health at the time of sale.
3. The puppy will be up to date on shots and worming at the time of pickup of the puppy. It is very important that you continue the vaccinations and worming. Please do not expose your puppy to other dogs that are not vaccinated until he/she has completed the entire vaccination schedule - around 16-20 weeks old.
4. The puppy will have been vet checked and deemed in good health at the time of sale.
5. The buyer, at their own expense should have the puppy examined by a Licensed Vet within 72 hours of receiving the puppy.
6. Documentation must be sent to the breeder within 72 hours in order for the Health Guarantee to be honored.
7. If within 72 hours, a Licensed Vet finds the puppy to be unhealthy or unfit for sale, the puppy may be returned for another puppy - provided the puppy has not been injured or neglected. The veterinarian must provide a written statement deeming the puppy “unhealthy for purchase. We reserve the right to have our vet check the puppy. All shipping charges would be the responsibility of the buyer.
8. This guarantee does not cover any health issues caused by neglect or injury from the buyer.
9. This guarantee does not include minor illnesses and health issues such as colds, allergies, internal or external parasites or umbilical hernias. However, the breeder will disclose any known illnesses or health issues prior to the sale.
10. The breeder cannot assume responsibility for this puppy after 72 hours of the sale. It is the responsibility of the buyer to care for the puppy properly and keep it free from harm. Please remember that your puppy must be treated with great care and protected from danger.
11. The breeder assumes no responsibility for any medical expenses incurred after the sale.
12. The breeder assumes no responsibility for training difficulties or behavior problems. We highly suggest the buyer register their dog with AKC and take full advantage of what they have to offer a new puppy owner.
13. The breeder does not guarantee size. We will give the buyer the weight of the puppy’s parents and the weight of other puppies out of that mating. We can give the buyer an educated guess as to full grown weight, but there are too many variables besides genetics.
14. The breeder does not guarantee fertility or ability to place in shows. The puppy is strictly sold as a TOP QUALITY PET.
15. The breeder gives a one year guarantee against any congenital defects of the puppy. If this should occur then the puppy will be returned to the breeder, and the buyer will receive another puppy of the same breed when there is one available. Shipping to and from of the puppy is at the buyers expense.